Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wonderful Month of May 2013!


Today I am holding back tears...
HOWEVER, they are tears of JOY!

      My beautiful baby boy is so outgoing, intelligent, handsome, honestly...I could go on forEVER! We were lucky enough to start this wonderful journey of the preschool experience just a couple weeks after Hunter reached the age of 3 and we have been beyond blessed with this journey! Today was his last day of THIS session of 3 year old preschool, I am excited as he will get another FULL year of this program starting again in the fall!!

     The first day I took him to preschool, I kept myself together until I was back to the car...then the tears began to roll... NOT because I was scared he would be okay because I trust his teacher with ALL my heart, but because as we walked in...Miss Carrie, his teacher, showed him where he could sit on the shape carpet and Hunter went and sat right down, she had to remind him that he needed to tell me bye...Yes, I had a "big boy" on my hands from day one...

    Even though when I ask Hunter what he did at preschool he informs me what he ate...I have proof his learning is expanding and expanding at a VERY fast pace!

    Hunter's love for animals, actually ANYTHING outside, which shows each and every day and this was just another prime example when we were able to fix the Omaha Zoo this last week.  Each time we came near a new animal, whether it be actually seeing the animal, or even hearing it, Hunter's eyes would light up, Yes this is one of the MANY exciting Mommy moments... In no surprise, Hunter's favorite part of the Zoo was the "Farm area", he walked right in (didn't even get a chance to hold his hand) and started to pet the animals.  Between his love for farm animals, and of course John Deere Tractors (that is a new blog all on it's own) I like to call him a "City Farmer", only because if he gets ANYTHING on his hand, even "sweat" from a water bottle he doesn't like it. :) That is for sure something that came from his best buddy, GRANDPA!

     After we left the Zoo, we decided to travel a little farther west and go through the Wild Life Safari and I am very pleased that we did, because if you ask Hunter what his favorite part was...MOST of the time (he doesn't keep consistent lol) he will mention the Buffalo, which let me remind you that he is able to see at Mariposa not far outside of town...however he LOVES watching them, I am guessing due to their size.

    Not sure what is going on with me, I am going to blame it on being a woman (that excuse works for EVERYTHING) however so many things have brought tears to my eyes...
  • Hunter being able to name nearly ALL of the animals at the Zoo
  • Seeing his excitement looking at the animals
  • Hunter staying awake in the car on the way to AND from Omaha (maybe that was tears of exhaustion from ME...)
  • Watching Hunter waving the American flag and waving his hand at all the Veterans as they were on their way to the High School for the Freedom Flight
  • With recent events (which I will not go into detail about lol) Hunter will be starting at a NEW sitter tomorrow and he likes to tell EVERYONE we see about it!
  • When creating thank you "gift" for Miss Carrie, Hunter states "I tell her thank you for being my teacher, I like Miss Carrie"
  • Listening to my Dad tell me about how Hunter kept him on schedule yesterday as my Dad watched Hunter for the day, which consisted of to and from preschool as well
  • Thinking of how sad Hunter is going to be when preschool takes a "break"
  • His "need" to not only be independent but "help" in EVERY way possible..

Okay...enough of the talking about tears, which are creating them! I could NOT be more proud of my son!

Alot of changes going on in our world,
however they are opening the door to bigger and better things!

WE GOT THIS!
NOTHING CAN STOP US NOW! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment